Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Work in Progress 199

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday. I hope you all had a great weekend and the first part of this week. I know I did as I got to watch my hockey team, the LA Kings, hoist the Stanley Cup for the second time in three seasons on Friday night. It was a heck of a finish, as was the whole playoff run. It was made even more special because my husband and I traveled up to LA and watched the game with my mom and sister across from the arena with hundreds of other fans. It was pretty magical to be in that atmosphere. It was great to be back in my home city, as we haven't visited in awhile, so overall a great weekend, which was then topped off with the Stanley Cup parade on Monday.

Due to all the excitement and traveling in the car late at night both there and back, I didn't get much knitting time, but I have made progress on my two projects that I'm actively working on.





The first is the Sockhead for my brother in law out of Candy Skein Savory fingering in colorway Oyster. I'm about 3 1/2-4" into the body of the hat. I haven't decided how tall I want to make it as he isn't a very slouchy hat kind of guy. I'll have to have my husband try it on to be a good judge. I have plenty of time to finish, as it's a Christmas gift for him.






Next up is the Diffraction shawl I'm making for my mother in law for Christmas (it's never too early to start your Christmas knitting) out of Candy Skein Savory fingering in Oatmeal Cookie and Plum. I wish the camera could capture the depth of these two colors. Once I am finished I'll try and see if I can get better pictures of it, as these are just with my iPhone. I'm loving this pattern, and despite the insane number of stitches and the insane number I still have to increase, it's going crazy fast. A friend of my, Regina, is also making one and she just cast off after only two weeks. I think it definitely helped to have someone else work on it at the same time.


That's it for me. I hope you all have a great rest of your week and I'll hopefully have time to share something on Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!





9 comments:

  1. Hi - this is my first WIP Wednesday, so popping in to say hello from a cloudy UK :)
    Wish I was as organised as you, doing Christmas gifts already!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, you are early. I like both your projects very much. I'm sure they will be pleased and happy with their gifts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. two really great looking projects....thanks for the holiday reminder!!!! it's sneaking up on us, isn't it?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your projects! Do you happen to have the link for the Diffraction Shawl? Have a great hump day.
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-pattern-writing-journey.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it's never too early to start holiday knitting. The Diffraction Shawl is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours of the shawl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe this is WIP Wednesday #199! That is a lot of WIPs. So happy that the Kings won, I was totally rooting for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had an amazing beginnig to the week. I hope the rest proves to be just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally missed posting on Wednesday, so I'm a day late and a dollar short LOLOL! And congrats to the Kings pulling off a second Stanley Cup! Maybe one day my darling Predators will bring it home here to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete