Friday, February 14, 2014

FO Friday 170



Happy Friday and happy Valentine's Day! I am so glad the week is over. It's weirdly been a hard one to get through and I'm happy to get some R&R this weekend.

As I showed you over the past few weeks, I was working on a stranded hat pattern, From Norway with Love. What a perfect project to finish the day before Valentine's Day! It's like I planned it (trust me, I didn't). I'd highly recommend it and it is a free pattern on Ravelry. I'd definitely make it again. I will say, it is a little tight through the first two row of hearts. I'm not sure if it's because I was getting used to using two colors and knit tighter, or just due to the floats. I used Blue Sky Alpaca Sport, which I bought on our trip in 2010 (I believe) up the California coast where we stopped at many yarn shops and tiki bars. Some of you who have been around here that long may remember that! Needless to say, it's been in my stash a LONG time, so I'm glad I was able to use it and for something so fun.





Since it is tight just at the bottom (but not the ribbing), I wanted to stretch out the last two row of hearts, so I put it over an upside down pot from my kitchen. It totally seemed to help. It's still a little snug, but won't keep me from wearing it. I hope to get a picture of me wearing it this weekend when I have someone to take the picture of me. I finished it when it was dark, so will get a better FO picture of it, too.


I also wanted to let you know, Candy Skein is having a Valentine's sale now through 11:59pm PT today. Just enter code CANDYHEARTS during the checkout process at Candyskein.com to receive 15% off your entire order.

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a great and safe holiday weekend (happy President's Day in the US too!)

Share your FOs!


11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love your hat you made and wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for linking twice. Someone has told me the first link isn't working, and I can see why, an extra letter has snuck in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out great..I know several people making it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completed a little heart inspired project of my own yesterday - love this adorable little hat you made

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is adorable!! Great job. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorables! I have such a huge noggin, all hats are too tight :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya - the candy skein website is showing up on google as having been hacked, and some of the links on the page take you to weird pharmacy sites :-((

    ReplyDelete