Friday, February 7, 2014

FO Friday 169




Happy Friday! Man am I glad it's the end of the week!! Weeks seem long when my husband takes the early train in the morning and the late train at night. I'm super excited for the weekend because we're going to go see The Lego Movie on Saturday and then go hang out at our favorite local bar/supper club. We hope to do a little more gardening on Sunday if the weather holds out, as it's been raining on and off for a few days. Not the best weather for yarn drying, that's for sure.

Speaking of yarn, I will have all subscription yarn to the post office by Monday! I was hoping to start shipping tomorrow, but due to the weather, it's drying slower than normal. We normally get spoiled with low humidity and warm weather here in San Diego.



I finished my sock on Wednesday night, but decided not to show it until I have the pair complete. Then it will be a true FO. Instead, I decided to share the squares I made for my sock yarn blanket. The color is washed out a bit, as I took this at night with my Ott lite blaring down on them. The bottom one is made from Candy Skein Yummy fingering monthly colorway from June '12, Lemongrass Sour, one of my favorite past monthly colorways. The middle one is Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Pink Bubblegum (it's more of a hot pink than it looks here) and the right one, I'm sure you recognize, is January '14 colorway, Confetti Cupcake.

I decided to use size US 2 DPNs, which I'm borrowing from my friend Regina. I hope to get my own pair at Stitches West coming up. I am doing each square with 41 stitches and I like the size. I first started with 31 and they were WAY too small. Cute, but the thought of making a whole blanket with them was daunting. As it is, it's pretty daunting. HA! This will be a very long term project, that's for sure. I love how you just pick up stitches to join the squares together. It's so clean and fast.

That's it for me today! I hope you all have a great weekend.

Share your FOs!



6 comments:

  1. I've started doing squares for a sock yarn blanket. I've decided not to sew them up as I go because I want to be able to choose layout when I finish it. I too am anticipating a VERY long standing project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to look cool when your blanket is done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited that you're coming to Stitches West :) I haven't checked the vendor list so I'm just going to ask if you're vending or visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm joining in today, even though I've seen your name everywhere before this is the first time. Glad I can join officially today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mitered squares are lovely. The sock yarn squares blanket is so popular this winter! I make blankets/afghans, but with sock yarn...can't imagine doing that! Have fun with your project!
    :)

    ReplyDelete