Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 155

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going good! I stole a few minutes this weekend between working to actually knit! Crazy, right!?!?!?! So I actually have something to share with you.

I think you may remember me mentioning a few weeks ago that I was going to start Elfe by Astrid Schramm. I couldn't decide on my colors so I went back and forth and even asked my Candy Skein Ravelry group. I finally decided on Grape Soda, as I'm using Candy Skein Yummy fingering. Then I thought I was going to use Foil Wrapper, but the Sugar Snap Pea kept pulling me toward it....


So I picked these two, Grape Soda and Sugar Snap Pea in Candy Skein Yummy fingering. This picture is really closely accurate for the color, and the pics below aren't.



 This is how far I got. I haven't been able to work on it since, but I'm already half way through the sleeve increases, and two green stripes in. I LOVE it so far and I have to say the pattern is amazingly fun and easy. I see myself making a ton of these in different colors (and solids) if it fits good.



I'm trying to make the stripes as jogless as possible and I think it doesn't look too bad. This is the first one and the second looks even better!


That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of the week and I'll see you on Friday!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

16 comments:

  1. ooo your Elfe is going to look fantastic in those colours! What a fab combination

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these colours too. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two look awesome together! But isn't it strange how colour is so hard to get right on photos?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your Elfe is going to look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That purple is especially gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Elfe and the colours you have chosen !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these two colors together - I can see why they drew you in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stripes look great. I really like that green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours! I've never really been successful at jogless stripes ... maybe I should try again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the fit. The stripes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is going to be lovely! Love the pattern, added it to my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to seeing your Elfe progress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh those colours are beautiful - look forward to seeing its progress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh these colours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've said this before, and I'll say it again ... I love purple and green together! It reminds me of vast fields of lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops I messed up. I entered my link, then when I went to check it, I somehow managed to post a second link to my last WIP Wednesday (from way back in May - aargh I've been a bad blogger). I'd delete link #76 if I knew how.

    ReplyDelete