Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday 152

Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday. I hope you're having a great week. I wish I had a ton to share with you today, but in fact I have lost my craft mojo the past week or so. I'm not sure it went, but I've turned every rock and can't seem to find it. In the hopes I get it back, I cast on Elfe last night at one of my groups. I would show it, but I seriously cast on and did one row. There isn't much to show. What I will show is what yarn I'm using and the debate I went back and forth via my Ravelry group and Instagram.







I posted on the group needing help deciding on colors for my Elfe. The pattern calls for two different colors in the shirt, and I didn't want it too crazy, so I knew one of the colors would be Foil Wrapper (the color in the middle). I decided it would be between Grape Soda (left) and Sugar Snap Pea (right) and took it to a vote. Most agreed that while both looked good with Foil Wrapper, Sugar Snap Pea won out...that was until I started making mini skeins last weekend. The two colors happened to be sitting next to each other. The first thing that popped into my head? SLYTHERIN!!!!!!!! :O

Now you see, some of you might say "so what? No biggie", but I don't think I could wear (or own) a Slytherin colored shirt (and in person they are VERY close to the silver and green of the house colors), as I am a Ravenclaw...this is where some of you think I'm bat shit crazy, but that's okay! I know some of you totally get what I mean and agree that it would just be wrong on so many levels. So back to Grape Soda and Foil Wrapper I went, which I'm good with. I don't think they pop like the other two do, but that's okay. At least I won't feel wrong when wearing (or knitting) it.

So that brings me to today, or when you're reading this, I guess yesterday. I cast on with the Grape Soda today (yep, that's right. I threw all caution to the wind and didn't even swatch! Did I mention I have zero craftiness right now and am just trying to get my mojo back?) The great thing is, someone (Maria, Kiwiria on Ravelry) already made this pattern with Yummy fingering so I decided I'm kinda safe. Her's is pretty fantastic after all. We'll see how it goes.

So that's my tale for today. Hopefully I'll have more to show you next week, but I will say I will be terribly busy for the next two months and won't have much time to breathe, let alone knit, but that's all I'm going to say about that. It's a secret I can share in due time.

Now, onto WIPW! Oh yes, and I apologize for the late FO Friday last week. I lost track of my days with the holiday and all!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



9 comments:

  1. Ah Harry Potter. I love the colors but I'd be having the same issues as you. The people will look equally beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would have issues with the colors as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colours, although I can see why you would have issues with them and you aren't insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three colours, but I would choose grey and lilac. Only be feeling, don't know why ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have gone grey and lilac too. My brother would be totally the sort to stop you in an elevator and say "Slythrerin" so best to err on the side of caution :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm. I wouldn't wear Slytherin colors either. I took the test once and turned out to be in Gryffindor, but I feel like I relate best to Ravenclaw...but in all honesty all three of those colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout-out :) Totally made my day once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Elfie and your colors will be beautiful!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope you find your crafty mojo soon. I find mine dips a bit in the summertime. It's too hot and all I really want to do is be outside. Good luck with your busy time over the next couple months. Try not to work too hard!

    ReplyDelete