1. Antibiotics are awesome and work pretty fast.
2. My knitting friends are like my family and take care of me when I need it.
3. Roller derby is awesome (well, I already knew that, but wanted to include it anyway).
4. MEN'S roller derby is very odd and also very rough/violent (seriously, who even knew there was men's roller derby?)
5. When it's been in the 90's for a week, even if it gets a little cooler outside, your house stays hot when you don't have A/C.
6. Never dye yarn when your house is already 85 degrees because it ends up 89 degrees and VERY humid.
and last but not least...
7. Knitting long sleeves on a feather weight cardigan with lace yarn takes a REALLY LONG TIME.
As you can see, I've had an interesting last few days. Most of my list is pretty self explanatory and if not, I really don't want to go into any more detail.
So let's bring it back to knitting and number seven. It's now Wednesday. Remember last week when I said that I would definitely have my feather weight cardigan done by this coming Friday, because ALL I HAD LEFT WAS SLEEVES (and to finish the edging)??? Again, #7, long sleeves for a feather weight take a LONG LONG time. Who knew? Seriously, I think it's going to take me longer to knit the two sleeves than it did the body of this stupid thing. It's maybe because the stripes are slowing me a down a little, and to be honest, I'm just a little tired of working on the same project. I normally bounce around (as you know), but this time I figured if I put the cardigan down, I wouldn't finish it. I've pretty much JUST worked on it. This is how much I have done:
That one sleeve sure is pretty, isn't it? ;) The sweater is being modeled on our new to us 1956 mid century modern end table! Fancy!
Now granted, I wasn't really feeling well for a few days and didn't knit very much. It's also been extremely hot (as I mentioned) and can't keep a hot alpaca/silk cardigan on my lap long without breaks (despite it being a feather weight lace cardigan). Still, I thought for SURE I would cruise through the first sleeve, and have a lot of the second sleeve done by now. As I write this, on Tuesday night, the FIRST sleeve is at my elbow. ::sigh:: I will say, I'm still trudging along and hope to have it done soon, I'm just not promising by Friday anymore. We'll see. :)
That's it for me today! Next Wednesday I promise (actually, let's keep it at hope) to show you something different. I'm sure you're getting tired of seeing the same thing as I am knitting it!
What are you working on?
For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!