Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Work in Progress 105


Hi everyone! Happy Wednesday! I hope you're all doing great. I'm doing okay, but man is it hot! I've been cooking on my couch and it's hard to get any work done. My house doesn't have air conditioning, which is okay about 355 days a year, but those extra 10 are killer. This week seems to be the one. It's supposed to get up to the high 90F by Saturday. Today it's around 90, but 85 in my downstairs as I type this. I'm almost nursing a new tattoo, which is being stubborn in the healing process due to the poor circulation in my legs (it's on the inside of my right calf). Let's hope it decides to heal soon!

You don't want to hear about that though, I'm sure. You're here for knitting/crocheting!!




 This is my sweater! Since this picture was taken, I cast off the body and have picked up the edging. I decided to do the edging before the sleeves so I can make sure I have enough yarn to do long sleeves. This is the part of cardigans I hate doing, so we'll see how fast I can power through it!

That's it for me. I hope you have a great rest of your week and I'll see you Friday!


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

27 comments:

  1. It really does seem to fly off your needles - great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow cardigan is looking good! Hope it cools down soon. Hope your tattoo heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cardigan. It looks very summery. Good luck with your tatoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cardigan is coming along so well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pictures of your tattoo?

    And the cardigan is beautiful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I posted wasn't really WIP's but my first completed projects in a great while. I'm glad to finally be able to get back to work on stuff.

    Your sweater looks lovely, can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting another WIP!
    It is interesting to read about the weather. Because here is totally different. It is August but it is hard to tell the difference between the weather here now and in December. I am so fed up with no summer, so fed up with leather jacket in August! That might be also a reason, why I am already preparing for X'Mas now.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted a WIP! I saw these a few weeks ago, and hadn't decided if I was going to participate because I hardly ever post WIP posts on Wednesdays lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased to finally have a WIP so I can join in :)
    I love your sweater. The colours & stripes are divine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sleeves are tough, aren't they? It seems counterintuitive how much knitting is involved in them!
    To stay cool w/out air conditioning, icy drinks and ceiling fans are my strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweater is looking great!

    I have a lovely sweater that I want to make, but haven't casted on yet... so many other projects are on my cables/needles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We only have a/c in the bedroom...so on really hot days, that's where I hole up.....

    Great progress....the sweater is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sweater. I adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course we want to hear about the tattoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Featherweight looks gorgeous, I love those stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The world's weather has gone crazy. There's you melting while there's snow in South Africa (almost unheard of, or so I gather). Seems like flooding everywhere else. I hope your tattoo heals soon.
    Your sweater is lovely. Good idea to do the bands first and adjust the sleeves to suit. Can't wait to see what you will be working on next.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, new tattoo! That's exciting!! I keep thinkin' about getting one...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of it! Good luck with the border and sleeves. It really is the annoying part of knitting cardigans. *picks up her second sleeve*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cardigan is looking great!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cardi looks lovely! I admire that you are still working on it in that heat! Our summer has been miserable, so knitting full garments hasn't been an issue. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's been SO long since I shared a wednesday wip or had a chance to visit everyone's blogs... hoping to visit everyone a little later today after I get little miss to bed :)

    i love your cadrigan so far! i'm itching to get knitting again... been focusing on crocheted projects and amigurumi so much lately. fun stuff too though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We're supposed to hit 109 here today. UGH! :( And so I knit a garment. Mostly it's ok in the house but due to electricity costs, seems we can't get below 80 inside.

    I still don't think I have the patience for a sweater. . . Yours is looking great though! :)

    I would love to see (and hear more about) the tattoo!!!!

    (Also, I remember on Twitter a while back you asked about how my father's orchids would do in the middle of the desert--check out my blog post today. I did an update about them.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's looking good so far- I love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the colors you're using for the sweater!

    ReplyDelete