Friday, August 3, 2012

FO Friday 98


First off, thank you for understanding about Wednesday. I have to admit, I was so sad that I missed posting and even sadder when you guys pointed out that it was the two year mark. I decided today, despite it being FO Friday, I was going to cheat and share my WIP pictures. I hope you don't mind.

I have two projects active right now, but one I'm working on daily. I haven't shown you my Featherweight Cardigan yet, and I'm very excited to. This thing is flying off the needles.


I'm already past the point of where the pattern starts the ribbing for the bottom as far as inches go, but I want it a bit longer. I'm not a huge fan of short cardigans and my torso is the longest part of my frame. I truly love the stripes and can't wait to wear this! I'm making the 35.5 size, which fits perfect to pull over any kind of shirt. Depending on how much yarn I have left, I might do long sleeves instead of 3/4, but we'll see. I figured this project would be on my needles for MONTHS, but the way I'm going, I'll have it finished in August. I started it on July 20th.



 As mentioned, I have this active as well, but I haven't knit on it since I started the Featherweight in Wisconsin. I love how it's turning out, but don't want to pick it up now and lose momentum on the cardi. Once the Featherwegiht is done, I will continue on the Hitchhiker. :)



That's it for me on projects! Again, thanks for baring with my forgetfulness and letting me share my WIPs with you today.

In Candy Skein land, I just released the August '12 colorway, Strawberry Lemonade! You can purchase it here!


Share your FOs!


26 comments:

  1. i love that multicoloured yarn in the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Featherweight cardi! The stripes really look great for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Strawberry Lemonade looks really yummy.

    Love the striping on you cardigan, looks great and the colors on the Hitchhiker are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your projects! Your choice of colors is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love your hitchhiker. My finished hitchhiker is on my blog. You're in the US right? Do you ship internationally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am in the US and do ship internationally. In fact, I ship everywhere in the world!

      Delete
  6. That cardi is awesome. Can't wait to see it done and I love, love, love the yarn you're using for your Hitchhiker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that cardigan is really flying! You started it a week before my socks, which are only toes right now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy hands are always happy hands. I LOVE the hitchhiker...it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's your blog Tami - you can show off your WIPs whenever you like, and we like to see them at any day of the week ;)
    Love the look of the cardigan and that hitchhiker is STUNNING

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your rainbow Hitchhiker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That strawberry lemonade is gorgeous! What would you recommend making with it??

    Thanks for hosting; sharing my 11 yo's just finished granny square pillow (her first granny square project! Hope it's ok to share a crochet project...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As far as the Strawberry Lemonade, it would look good as ANYTHING! If you light bright, this is the yarn for you. It just glows in the sunlight.

      You're very welcome! Of course it's okay to share a crochet project! I crochet as well. :)

      Delete
  12. I love your stripey Featherweight cardigan! Thanks for hosting all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stripes are gorgeous! I don't think I've seen anyone stripe that pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A few have done stripes, but not many. I figured since I'm using a hand dyed yarn, I would have to alternate skeins anyway, might as well make it striped!

      Delete
  14. Ooh, LOVE your Featherweight! I did a stripey one with wider stripes in shades of purple. I might have to consider one with skinnier stripes too, hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Is yours on Ravelry!? I think I saw it when I was looking through all the projects to see what stripes I wanted to make. I'm doing it 4 rows of the main color, 2 of the second. It seems to be working out great.

      Delete
  15. Thanks everyone for the great comments. You've made my day start out with a bang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its deff okay to post your WIPs today. I love your hitchhiker. Its such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh! Really like the new yarn colour. Thanks for posting that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cardi looks awesome - I've just faved the pattern after bypassing it many times :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks awesome! Can't wait to see the FOs! I LOVE the new colorway, too! I might have to get some.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You cardi looks wonderful. I so love the colours and the stripes. The rainbow yarn you are using for your hitchhiker is calling to me...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was able to check out quite a few of the link ups-very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cardi, the shawl and the yarn - all so very stunning. Can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete