Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 97

Hi everyone! I know this isn't knitting related but I have to get it out of my system. I've been a Los Angeles Kings fan since I was 10 years old, the 1990-91 season. When I say I've been a "fan", that doesn't explain half of it. I don't miss a game on tv, I had season seats when I lived in LA for 12 years and even in the off season, I'm on the hockey forums following my team, the players, etc. I LIVE hockey, almost as much as I live the fiber arts and that's saying something. I've waited a long time to say this.....


THE LOS ANGELES KINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!

::SIGH:: I can now die happy. I never thought I'd be able to say that.

Now onto the reason you came here, WIPW!!!!!





If you don't see a picture above (other than the WIPW pic), it's because I couldn't get my phone to upload a picture from blogger. I'm currently at my mom's house in Los Angeles, who has dial up and I'm without a car. My car is in the shop, as it decided to crap out yesterday. I'm going to try and get to a Starbucks to post a pic of I don't before then.

Anyway, I'm working on my Horcrux socks out of the May '12 colorway, Candy Skein 1st Birthday. I finished the first one (coming on FO Friday) and am at the heel flap of the second. I hope the second fits a little better than the first, but I think they'll both be wearable, luckily. I hope to have this pair done soon as I'm starting to feel all of my WIPs starting to cave in on me.






I've also worked a little on my Multnomah shawl. I'm almost to the lace pattern repeat which I'm very excited about. The garter stitch is getting a little boring if I'm honest! LOL



Basically I guess I'm just ready for all of my current WIPs to be finished so that I can start on new ones. Do you ever feel that? I wish I could just wave a magic wand and have them all complete. I feel like I'm drowning in them, and I'm guessing with all the traveling I've done lately, that's where some of the unsettled feeling come in. I feel like they will never be complete. Please, do NOT let me start anything new anytime soon until I finish at least 3 projects I have on the go. LOL


That's it for me today. Like I said, if you don't see pictures above it's because I'm having issues and my phone and blogger don't like each other. I'll get them up at some point Wednesday, that I promise. Thanks for sticking by me lately when I haven't been posting a lot. I promise to bring you new yarn (including another new mini skein set), Life as an Indie Dyer posts, etc soon.


Have a great day!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


15 comments:

  1. Aww bet ur very excited that your team won the Stanley cup. Congrats.
    You have a lot on the go at minute it's hardly surprising you are short of time. Hope your car is fixed soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the car - and have a nice time at your mother's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I have no idea what to do next so I', going to finish all my WIPs before I even look at the WIPs others are showing here today. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the cup win! It was never in doubt from the beginning of the playoffs!

    If you find a magic wand to finish all your WIPs for you, please market that on Etsy too! I think you'd have a lot of buyers. Probably sell enough in the first week for a new car, new phone and an IT person to sort out all the tech issues while you dye yarn and knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Wednesdays...I get to look at all the lovely's and sip my iced coffee.


    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You team has had the most amazing run. I'm so glad you get to bask in the glory of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!! So glad I saw the meme and was able to link up! Now I get to drink my iced tea and look at all the wonderful, creative items that everyone is making!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your car but it will give you more time with your Mum. I think we have all suffered from too many WIPs. The least enjoyable ones get left until last so they become even less desirable to finish. But the relief and the joy when they actually are completed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap! What a game! Are you going to the rally tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get tickets and couldn't. Already "sold" out. :( I'm even IN LA right now. Such a bummer.

      Delete
  10. Those socks look really pretty! I need to try my hand at knitting socks one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color of the socks and the shawl looks pretty.

    Ohh I know the feeling when you have too many W.I.P.'s laying around just waiting to get finished :)

    ReplyDelete