Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 36


Happy hump day! As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I didn't get much crochet/knitting done over the weekend, so I don't have a ton to share. I did finish the swatch for the new self striping colorway, but will be saving that for a yarn dyeing post.


I haven't made HUGE progress since you've last seen this crocheted ripple blanket, but the colors are now repeating. It's slow going with this yarn, and also I'm working the length of the blanket instead of the width. Each row seems to take forever, but I'm not letting it bother me. Overall, it's a fun project to work on. One of my cats, Roxy, LOVES it. When I work on the blanket, she always crawls into my lap and begins to kneed it. Very cute, but very annoying. :)




Now, I can not explain to you how excited I am about this. You may remember my knitted monster I started in February. I put it away because I couldn't seem to get the legs/arms started. I tried DPNs and magic loop (I did the body with magic loop), but was having so much trouble with the K1f&b part. My starting stitches were too hard, so when it came to the part to knit into the back of the stitch, I just couldn't. Anyway, here we are April 13th and I tried again, this time SUCCESS! It doesn't look perfect, but I'm happy enough. I hope to get everything done soon and sewn together. YAY!


For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


25 comments:

  1. I am really liking your colors on that ripple blankey :-) and what's a blankey without pet fur included ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ripple blankey is lush! i really must learn to crochet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the ripple blanket! Is it as soft as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors in your ripple blanket are lovely! I am so tempted to knit a monster but the finishing scares me too badly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Crochet is on my to do list!!!

    (I'm playing today too http://www.craftsfromthecwtch.co.uk/2011/04/wip-wednesday-13411-snuggly-goodness.html)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting to the next step on your monster. Yay! That arm/leg looks pretty good to me. I can't wait to see him when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh nice projects, i love the blue monster yarn!! very pretty blanket too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, 6:30 Wednesday AM here, and so many posts already! I feel like a slacker. Yay for monster chunks! It looks terrific, and I'm sure your monster will be over the moon to have his arms and legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ripple blanket, the blue is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo im excited to see the monster :-D I like that colour blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting the monster legs/arms started. I would like to learn some new circular cast-ons, so I'm curious which one you used.
    P.S. My cats love the knitting as well, and it just so happens that my dog is named Roxy too : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...don't most knitting projects translate into "look a bed for me on mommy's lap" in cat speak?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to see someone's kitty taking an interest in crocheting. Mine just likes to get on my lap to be in the way. :p I love the colors on that blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My fist time WIP Wednesday-ing and just thought I'd say hi! Hope I did it right.

    Love the ripple blanket

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made a ripple blanket similar to that for my aunt for christmas one year.... it was her dog's favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a Christmas ripple blanket done length wise instead of width. It's my favorite one to cuddle up by the fire with.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see the monster. I always love the patterns I see for them and think of making one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry everyone I just getting to commenting. I was at my sister's babysitting my nieces all day and just got home. I will try to get to all of your posts tonight. As far as comments below, I'll just answer the questions. :)

    Unforth, it IS soft!

    Shannon, I just used the long tail cast on for it. Nothing fancy. :)

    Dina, exactly! My cats LOVE my knitting/crocheting. LOL

    Ms C, thanks for participating! Welcome

    Dutch Hollow, good to hear. I was looking at pictures on Ravelry and they all seemed width wise instead of length wise!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the successful restart of the arm/leg of your monster!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on "conquering the monster"! Can't wait to see the finished little beastie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still love your ripple afghan even if it is a pain to work on. Congrats on getting your monster pieces to work out.

    Missed last week because I was just foul, this week I'm just tired.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I normally don't like brown, but your blanket is quite fetching. I may have to rethink my colour prejudices :)
    I've never made a blanket, so I'm curious, what difference does it make to work length-wise or width-wise?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the blanket, it's going to look brilliant once it's done... Looking forward to seeing that dishcloth!

    I missed Mr Linky, but I did have a post:

    http://accidental-knitter.blogspot.com/2011/04/wip-wednesday-time-for-tea.html

    Sorry it's up so late... you would not believe how busy this week has been.

    ReplyDelete