Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 35

I can't believe it. I almost forgot to do this week's WIPW. I had my crochet/knitting meet up tonight and a weird day all around so it almost flew by me. How weird that would have been, not to have a post up in the morning for all of you! At least I remembered before bed (I write them on Tuesday so that it can post at 12:01 Wednesday for all of you across the pond).

Back to WIPW. I don't have a ton to show today unfortunately. I've been working on my scarf (still), but didn't want to show it since I plan for it to be done Friday (really this time, not like the last two weeks. LOL). I've also been dyeing a lot, and have 4 new skeins to show you in the coming weeks, one of them being self striping. That leads me to one of my WIPs.


I don't do this a lot, but since I don't have many things going on that I'm actively working on, I decided to share with you the swatch from the new self-striping. I just started on it at my crochet/knitting meet up and did a LOT of talking instead of knitting. LOL I won't tell you the name of the colorway yet, or the order the rest of the colors will go, but here's what I have so far and you can see a little portion of the ball of yarn in the picture to get an idea of what the other colors are.



I've worked a few rows of the dishcloth since the last time I showed you all, so I decided to post that too. Not the best pictures (sorry, I'm kind of doing this hasty). I hope to have this finished by the Friday after next since it's an easy knit, though I really have to work on that ripple blanket more. It's just so unwieldy.

That's it for me for this WIPW. Hope you all have a good day and the rest of the week (well, until I post again Friday!)

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


23 comments:

  1. Insomia has me up late, so why not get started early on WIP Wednesday! :) That self-striping yarn looks really cute. I've never worked with any myself, but I'm excited to see it knitted up in the full swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love things that self stripe :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love striped yarns, makes even simple stitches look great.

    Hope you find more fiber fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. That *would* be a disaster, wouldn't it? Imagine, all of us on 3 or 4 continents wandering aimlessly all day, muttering to ourselves, "I could've sworn it was Wednesday..." ;) Thanks for squeaking one out. Your yarn (as usual) is looking gorgeous. Can't wait to see how that swatch works up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no problem with doing this linky, but believe I might be linky challenged. When I look at the site and try to figure things out (did you ever get a chance to check out my Monday's post?), I'm not sure I'm doing it right. My linky didn't look like your linky. And my linky looks like everyone is suppose to get the code and put the whole thing on their blog? What's the difference in the linky's? I've seen more of the type where everyone adds code to their blogs, but believe this one of yours is a bit more straight forward. I always thought they were free and so decided to join. Then everything I wanted to do I got a message saying I needed to upgrade. So, I'm now a silver, but still seems they want me to upgrade and pay more? I thought from my reading I would see a whole list of linky's I could choose from and or make my own. I'm not seeing a list to choose from??

    LOVE the colorway in your first photo. Would love to have some of that, wouldn't it make a wonderful kid something? Looks like crayons to me.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that self-striping yarn! It's gonna be a great looking dishcloth!

    I have to admit, I pretended to *forget* that it was Wednesday, as I have so little to show for it, but I decided to go ahead with it anyway.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yarn just screamed SUMMER! and maybe WATERMELON! at me right off the computer screen. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That self-striping yarn is really pretty! I can't wait to see the rest of the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both yarns in different ways. Can't wait to see what your projects turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely screaming WATERMELON is that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea so I linked my blog here! Thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the bold colors of your hand-dyed yarn. I had to go check out your Flickr photos too. You must be learning so much, your dyeing is really coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see more of your self-striping yarn knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh Love self striping!!! (hate changing colors! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The self striping yarn is so vibrant and colorful. Love it! I've had one of those weeks, too. I drove to work and forgot my lunch, wallet, phone and purse...twice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm looking forward to the new skeins you have dyed. I'm very new at crocheting, but I love all the "stuff" that is avaiable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. rachel, thanks. You should try some self striping.It's fun!

    littleredcraftingcorner, thank you!

    Dutch Hallow, thanks! You're so right, just a simple swatch is fun with self striping!

    Paula, that's exactly what my husband said. He was like, whoa, if you forgot to post people wouldn't know it was Wednesday or everyone would be worried about you. LOL

    Sandy, I did check it out and answered you right below your comment on the thread you posted the original question.

    Charlotte, thanks. That's okay, sometimes I can't believe it's Wednesday either.

    Nikki, good guesses! I was just saying the beginning looks so much like the watermelon self striping I did earlier.

    SillyLittleLady, thanks!

    Kerry, thanks.

    Countess Ablaze, close! It is very watermelon right now, but wait until the other two colors start. ;)

    Sockknitter1215, thanks for participating!

    Affiknitty, I am learning a ton! Thanks for checking out my flickr! There are a few colorways I haven't shared yet, so you got a sneak peak. ;)

    LladyLlamaFiberCo, thanks!

    J.R. Thanks! I hate changing colors too. LOL

    autumngeisha, thank you. Whoa, I've forgotten my wallet/purse as well, but not all of that! lol

    Shannon, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how the yarn is knitting up! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The self-striping yarn looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of the swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh! I'm digging the self-striping yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait to find out more about the self stripy. Looks like it is gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delusional Knitter, thanks! I hope to share this yarn soon with everyone. :)

    wrchili, thanks.

    Gabriela, thank you.

    Dina, thanks! I hope so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tami, great instruction, thanks so much. Am anxious to give it a whirl and appreciate your feedback. Heading out of town, but hope to try this out next wk.
    Sandy
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete