Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dyeing for Fun Part 16

It's that time again, when I share my most recent dye project. This one isn't actually my most recent, but needed to knit a swatch to show exactly how it stripes. That's right, it's self striping yarn! You may remember that I started the swatch and shared the beginning of it for WIPW 35.

I think this colorway is SO fun, and I hope you do, too!



Colorway: Gumdrop
Fiber content: 75% Merino Wool, 25% nylon superwash
Weight: Fingering Weight
Yardage: 455 yards (originally 464 yards)
Unit Weight: 98 grams (originally 100 grams)
Care: Machine wash/tumble dry low
Dyed with: Wilton's Icing Dye, Kool-aid

7 comments:

  1. OH I love it!!!!!!!! and I think the colorway name is SO appropriately cute. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun. There's something "Sesame Street" about it that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous! It stripes just beautifully! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with that yarn, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty! I'm glad you're having fun with dyeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just in awe of how much you've already accomplished with your dyeing. This is another GORGEOUS skein.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I had a ton of fun dyeing this skein and it was a little bit of a challenge so it's more rewarding that it is so well received. :)

    ReplyDelete