Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dyeing for Fun Part 15

I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had fun in LA, and I even found a few gems at a vintage store I had never been to. One of my finds was an old 1950's cardigan, weirdly from Ireland, for $19. Total score. If I remember, I'll take a picture of it. I also got a cool belted jacket for $18, a '50's skirt for $18 and a cute scarf for my hair for $4. It was a little chilly at night there, and I was even able to wear my Chroma scarf. A total win to the weekend.

Now on to yarn dyeing! Another great part to the weekend, my mom bought me a ton of Kool-aid flavors/colors I've been unable to find in my area. I just used them yesterday (the yarn is still drying so that isn't what I'm sharing today) and it turned out great! I'll share it in the coming weeks.

Originally I was going to share the new self striping that I started swatching on Wednesday, but I didn't have time to finish the knitting and re-hank it. That will be next week, so be sure to check back for that.

Today I'm going to share a color that I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I love how vibrant it is. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it's the closest I could get to the real thing photo-wise.




Colorway: Orange Sherbet
Fiber content: 75% Merino Wool, 25% nylon superwash
Weight: Fingering Weight
Yardage: 464 yards
Unit Weight: 100 grams
Care: Machine wash/tumble dry low
Dyed with: Wilton's Icing Dye and Kool-aid

5 comments:

  1. That's really bright! What a great shade of orange. Love it.

    Glad you got to wear your new scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tink. It is super bright. The picture doesn't even do it justice. It's practically neon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an amazing colour, so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. So citrusy! I bet it really brightens a room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shade of orange, it's beautiful! It would be great paired with black to make an SF Giants themed project.

    ReplyDelete