Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Simply Scrumptious

First off, I wanted to remind everyone tomorrow is WIPW! Don't forget to stop by and share your WIP in tomorrow's blog post!

On my writing blog, we had a challenge in the month of July to write 1,000 words in a day. At the end of each week, we gave away books. At the end of the month, we decided to give a huge prize pack to one of the participants. I thought it would be fun to include a little amigurumi along with the literary-themed items. Since I was doing the challenge on the Ravelry forum, Amigurumi Army this month (the theme is sweets), what a perfect opportunity to make a new cupcake! Everyone loves cupcakes, right?

Yesterday I made this cupcake. I usually use a pattern, but I decided to try my hand at making it my own. I wanted it to look like the fancy cupcakes you see now in the cupcake shops with the mile high frosting. It isn't exactly how I wanted it to turn out, but I still think it's pretty cute. The winner of the prize picked purple frosting, and since I had two different purples, I decided to use both to give it a little more characters.

Materials used:
3.50 (E) hook
Red Heart Super Saver (frosting-Amethyst, frosting- Lavender, cake- Cafe )
6mm safety eyes
Poly Fluff stuffing
Yarn needle

I worked on it from August 9 and completed same day.


To see all pictures of this cupcake, please click here!

3 comments: